Specially formulated for yellow undertone skin types. Our Exotic Skin Foundation line has been specially formulated for Asian, Latin and African American women. All Exotic Skin Foundations have been made with a yellow undertone that leaves your skin looking natural and flawless. Exotic skin offers superior coverage, enhances your skin tone, and does not leave your skin looking too pink or orange.
Look & Feel:
- Package: As it’s a sample I received a small glass jar. It’s very cute and looks like a lip balm jar. As it’s difficult to insert the big powder brushes into such a small jar so I have to transfer the foundation into another jar. Cannot comment on the full size package as haven’t seen it in real. The picture posted above is taken from the Coastal Scents.com
- Fragrance: None.
- Shade: There are 4 shades available from the Exotic range and the shade Exotic Skin #4 matched my skin tone to the core.
- Texture: Silky smooth powder foundation which feels satiny on skin.
- Coverage? It gives light to medium coverage. It’s more suitable for ladies with uneven skin tones to give uniform complexion. May not be suitable for covering spots or blemishes.
- Moisturizing? Yes very much. Never noticed any dry patches or flakes.
- Oil Controlling? My skin turns slightly oily in monsoons if not set with a powder. As this foundation already comes in a powder form I expected it would control the oil secretion. But surprisingly it didn’t. I use Lakme Rose Powder to set this foundation.
- Finish? Brightened even complexion with dewy finish.
- Skin Type? Suitable for dry skin.
- Lasting Power? The coverage lasts for 5-6 hours with or without setting with a powder. The oil regulation lasts for 5-6 hours when set with powder. Else face turns oily in an hour.
Cost Efficiency?: Slightly pricey like all other products made from pure minerals. But it will last for a long time.
Final Note: I bought it just to try a mineral foundation and I love it. Yes it perfectly suits my requirement of brightening the skin with a moisturizing effect. I am planning to buy the regular size during winters. However, if you need heavy coverage do not buy it. Oily skin ladies always use a mattifying primer beneath this.